Manchester United Forward Arrested

Manchester United Forward Arrested
Manchester United Forward Arrested

Manchester United Forward Arrested

Manchester United young forward Mason Greenwood has been arrested on suspicion of breaching his bail conditions, the Sun reports.

The 21-year-old was bailed after his arrest on suspicion of rape, assault and making threats to kill.

Manchester United Forward Arrested
Manchester United Forward Arrested

Greenwood has now been arrested on suspicion of contacting his alleged victim in a breach of those conditions.

He is being quizzed by cops after officers swooped on his £15,000-a-month mansion this morning.

The striker has been waiting to discover his fate since he was first held in January this year.

He spent three nights in custody after he was arrested at his rented home in Bowdon, Greater Manchester.

See also  Bad News For Man United As De Jong Says He Doesn’t Want To Leave Barcelona

Greenwood was bailed on February 2 and has been keeping a relatively low profile since.

He was originally due to answer his bail on April 30 but the decision was pushed back after a court hearing in June.

The England international remains suspended by Utd but still receives his £75,000-a-week salary pending the outcome of any criminal proceedings.

The club were previously forced to release a statement confirming there has been no change to Greenwood’s status.

United initially said it did “not condone violence of any kind,” but later suspended Greenwood after cops launched a probe.

But some eagle-eyed fans discovered the player was still visible on the club’s website – leading to speculation he could be reinstated.

See also  You Can’t Stop Ronaldo From Leaving Man United – Danny Murphy Tells Erik Ten Hag

The statement from Utd read: “There has been no change whatsoever in Mason’s status.

“We removed his profile from the club app soon after he was removed from the squad in January.

“This was in order to remove Mason from interactive elements of the app, such as team predictions etc.

“However, his profile was never removed from the website as he remains a Manchester United player, albeit not currently part of the squad while the legal process unfolds.”

Greenwood has been removed from FIFA 22 and dropped by sponsors Nike in the wake of the allegations.

See also  Sergio Romero Is Set To Return To Manchester United

Football Manager 2022 has also confirmed he will not feature in the game.

All merchandise bearing the No11’s name has been axed from the official United site and teammates have unfollowed him on Instagram.

Greenwood’s promising domestic and international career remains in jeopardy.

He last played for the Red Devils on January 22 when the team beat West Ham 1-0.

The player joined United aged just six and rose through the ranks to land himself a regular spot on the first team.

In 2019, he became the youngest footballer to play for Utd in the Champions League when he took to the pitch aged just 17.


Published on: October 17, 2022. at: 1:31 am

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply